Friday, August 17, 2012

You're {AMAZING!}


Hey there, bloggie friends! Hope you had a great Friday today! It was a busy week, but I'm starting to feel like I'm turning the corner as far as managing my time.  I'm so glad I got to stamp a little bit this week - it felt so good!  Plus, I have lots of birthday and anniversary celebrations this month, so I was motivated to create some cards with my stash of brand spankin' new Stampin'Up! goodies from the new catty!  Today's card share is a birthday card I created using the You're Amazing stamp set and the International Bazaar DSP {which is one of my faves!}. Here's a look at the full card for you:
Aren't the prints of this DSP so pretty?  The color palette I used for the card was Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Tangerine Tango.  Such a happy and cheery color combo.  Now, how about that flower?  Truth be told, the card was basically created around this flower, since I had made it first.  I was so intrigued by Patty Bennett's video flower tutorial, that I had to give it a whirl and try to make a flower myself!  What's fun about this particular flower is that it uses one of my good ol' favorite tools - the crimper!  I had to dust mine off a bit, but I tell you, it's a great tool to have in your crafting quiver.  Here's a closer look at the flower detail for you:

Isn't it just so pretty?  All you need is the Blossom Punch, a crimper, DSP, and a brad and you're on your way!  For this flower, I used 5 punched out blossoms, but you can play around with this number based on how full you want your final paper flower to be.  Definitely worth a try!

Here's the card recipe for you:
  • Stamps: You're Amazing
  • Inks: Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake {for the flower edges}
  • Cardstock: Pool Party, International Bazaar DSP, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Antique Brads, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack,  Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Corner Rounder punch
Hope you like the card!  Well, my friends, I appreciate you coming by today.  Have a great weekend and come back to visit soon!  :)
 
Ciao for now.


1 comments:

Helen F. said...

What a gorgeous card and the flower is amazing. Love the pretty PP and this color combo. Thanks for the flower making link, I would like to try this!