Sunday, June 30, 2013

R2D2 birthday card!



Hi all!  Hope you guys had a great weekend!  I've got a quick post today - a fun birthday card I made for my Godson's birthday.  He had a Star Wars themed birthday, so I did some research on Pinterest and the web in general on some characters I could create that would be fun for a card and decided to create a version of R2D2.  Here's a full view of the card:

Here are the supplies I used:
*Word Window punch
*1 3/4" circle punch, for the gray semi-circle at the top.
*Circles from the Owl builder punch
*Hexagon punch to create the ends of my happy birthday banner
*Deco labels framelits
*Honeycomb embossing folder
*Cardstock: Basic Black, Midnight Muse, Basic Gray, Whisper White
*I Am Me DSP for the "Ethan" letters, which I die cut using the retired Timeless Type sizzlits
Hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My family loves Star Wars. I waited on line for hours to see the Empire Strikes Back. Hope someone can come up with c3po :-)

Jackie said...

Rose, I adore your card!! My daughter's 16th birthday is August 15th (Thursday) and I so want to CASE this for her! I can figure most of it out, but what did you use for the triangle pieces and what size square is the body, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks so much for sharing this awesome card with us!!
Jackie jbhartie@sympatico.ca

Jackie said...

Wow Rose, your card is adorable!! My daughter is a huge Star Wars fan and her 16th birthday is this coming Thursday (Aug 15th) and so I am trying to CASE it. I figured out most of it, but wondered if you would mind telling me the dimensions of the square for the body and also how you did the triangle pieces? Thank you so much for sharing this awesome card!!
Jackie jbhartie@sympatico.ca

Anonymous said...

I just made this for my nephew! He is going to love it! Thanks for the fabulous card!

Stefanie Nichols said...

Thank you so much for the inspiration! I just made this card for my son and posted it on my blog with a shout out for you!
Thank you!