Saturday, November 8, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles {birthday card!}


Who's a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!  Well, apparently lots of kids are!  Today, we attended a friend's son's birthday party and he's all about the turtles.  So, I couldn't help but oblige and make him a Leonardo card.  It was a great challenge for me, since I haven't seen the latest movie or shows (my little guy is not quite into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles yet).  Lucky for me there's Pinterest and the whole interweb to help guide me with some images and themes.  After doing my research, I came up with this fun little flip card for our friend Bryce who just turned 5!


I used the Thinlits Circle Card to create the Basic Black cardstock base.  Then I used the Honeycomb embossing folder to create my Old Olive layer that I added on top of the base.  For the sewer whole, I used the Circle Framelits and Chevron embossing folder.


Then, on the inside of the card, I created my Leonardo turtle!  So easy, thanks to the Circle and Oval framelits! For his mask, I cut out an extra circle in Night of Navy and then just hand cut it and laid it on top of the green circle.  I used scraps from the Night of Navy circle to make the ties. Fun tip: Use the banner punch to make the perfect ends on the tails! For the sentiment, I used the Age Awareness stamp set and cut it out with the banner framelit from the Thinlits Circle card. And last but not least, of course, I had to personalize the card! For that, I used the Little Letters Thinlits, which I just LOVE.  Viola!


Here's one last look at the card.  Aren't these flip cards great? Hope this has inspired you to make some ninja turtles.  They are pretty fun and easy to make!

Thanks for stopping by!



0 comments: