Friday, March 7, 2014

Hexagon Hello




Happy Friday, blog friends!  Today I'm sharing a card I created for the CASE Study Challenge and the Moxie Fab Happy for Hexagons Challenge! I've been a little out of practice with challenges these days, but I have to say I've been bitten by the challenge bug, so was excited to create a card that would fit the 2 challenges.  It really does get my creative juices flowing when I see sketches or create based on themes…and wouldn't you know it, both of these challenges fit the bill! Here's the sketch for the CASE Study Challenge:

Isn't that a gorgeous card?  You can see why I was inspired to play, right?  So, for the card sketch, I basically turned it on it's side and created my honeycomb hexagon card.  


Here's a closer look at the details….I was toying with the color palette and I have to say I'm really liking the combo - what do you think?  The color palette is based on the pretty Sweet Sorbet DSP that I used - Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, and Summer Starfruit.  I love the butterfly from the Nature's Hello Hostess stamp set from the Stampin'Up! Occasions Catalog, and the cute circle stamp on the Starburst framelit is a stamp from the February Paper Pumpkin kit!  I used just a smidge of the Sequin Trim to dress my card up a bit and add a little fancy. 

Hope you like it!  Here's the recipe for you:
{Hexagon Hello}
Stamp Set:
Nature's Hello
Cardstock: Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP
Inks: Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories: Starburst Framelits, Backyard Basics Framelits, Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack, Gold Sequin Trim
Thanks for stopping by today!


5 comments:

pinnednpenned said...

Love the palate you chose for this! Spring time beauty!

Maureen Merritt said...

Beautiful! I love the color palette and little bit of sequin garland. Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study!

Laura Davis said...

LOVE this!!
Laura

Tasnim said...

Very pretty card, Rose! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

cbuswell said...

Adorable, love the wool! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.